Wednesday 7 May 2014

Evaluation 5) How do you attract and address your target audience?

Secondary Research:
In order for me to attract and addressed my target audience, I'm going to use secondary research. Secondary research is simply research that is being carried out with existing research. 
The reasoning for using secondary data is because the research allowed me to identify the conventions that are being used in the thriller, in order for it to appeal to the target audience. For instance, I used secondary research to research colours that have specific meanings and the colour black represents darkness (evil), so I used this for the villain.

My research also made me find out that my target audience were people from the ages of 15 and older and that there was a division between male and female (unisex). 

The emotions in which the audience will be feeling towards the thriller will be a mixture. For the first scene the audience will feel fear because they are in fear of what is going to happen to the female victim. As the scene progresses the audience is to feel the tension, as the antagonist is about to catch victim, but as she walks up the audience is going to feel relieve to see that it was only a nightmare. The emotion of the audience is mostly going to occur doing the action scenes, e.g. when the victim is running away from the antagonist.
After I carried out my questionnaire, it showed that:
My target audience would be: 15 and over
Gender: Unisex

Attracting Audience:
To attract my audience I create a questionnaire that would first of all determine who my target audience was going to be, then I asked them the type of that they prefer, psychological, revenge, obsession and crime. For the results we show that psychological had quite a few votes, but obsession seemed to be high in numbers also. Our group then tried to come up with a story line that would fall into both of these categories and would attract the target audience. 

Four Main Questions That Were Asked Within My Questionnaire:

In order to find out how we were going to find out our target audience and make our thriller attract them, we had to create a questionnaire. 
Within our questionnaire we asked them 10 questions. Within those 10 questions, 4 of these questions stuck out to me which would allow us to find our target audience.
The first question I had to find out was 'What theme do you prefer within a thriller?'. Knowing this would allow me to figure out what type of thriller my group was going to produce.


Another key question in which I ask was 'What gender do you think best suits the role of the victim?' between a male or female.
The majority of the answers drew towards the female, because they felt that a female could seem more vulnerable than a male.


Team discussion:





For our group I took pictures if us discussing and editing our thriller. These discussions were needed and helpful because it allowed us to recap on our blogs and see what we all needed to do as a group to enable our thriller to attract our target audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment